After searching “online divorce Cape Town” or “fast online divorce Cape Town” on Google, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the search results. In this blog post we will explore the ins and outs of the online divorce process in plain language.
Online Divorce Cape Town – Why “online”?
In Cape Town and South Africa a divorce is called “online divorce” only because the process starts online and most communication between the attorney and client happens online (via the website, emails and even Skype). At the end of the process a court appearance is still required. The court appearance will NEVER happen online.
Prepare for Divorce
Divorce is a big decision with life-changing consequences. For most people the emotional side of divorce is dark, difficult and even traumatic. Before contacting a divorce attorney, prepare yourself for the journey ahead.
Read the Top 11 Divorce Preparation Tips by a Divorce Attorney as a starting point for more practical tips and hands-on advice.
Online Divorce Cape Town – The Requirements
To qualify for our online, uncontested divorce process, the following requirements must be met:
- You must permanently reside (domiciled) in South Africa. If your spouse permanently resides in South Africa, it will be a local online divorce. If your spouse does not permanently reside in South Africa, it will be an international online divorce.
- You and your spouse must be willing to sign the divorce papers after both of you are satisfied with the terms (wording) thereof.
- You must know your spouse’s work or residential address. Personal service (delivery) by the Sheriff is a legal requirement in all divorces, so without knowledge of your spouse’s address, personal service cannot occur.
Online Divorce Cape Town – The 4-Step Divorce Process
1. Complete the online form,
2. Pay the deposit,
3. Sign the divorce papers and
4. Attend on court date.
For full details about the 4-step online divorce process, click here.
Ready to start your online divorce?
For fast, professional legal assistance by Divorce Attorney Ilizna Esterhuyse, complete your online divorce application today.
Ilizna Esterhuyse, founder of iedivorce, is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa, specializing in Divorce and Family Law matters. Her fields of expertise and interest include Divorce Law, Family Law, Domestic Violence Law and International Divorce Law. Her vision is to demystify Family Law processes, helping good people in plain language and with great technology, to achieve remarkable results.