Ilizna Esterhuyse Attorneys (iedivorce) specialises in uncontested international divorce litigation, offering a convenient service that is simple, fast and affordable.
1. What are the requirements for an international divorce in South Africa?
- One spouse permanently resides (is domiciled) in South Africa.
- Both spouses are willing to sign the divorce papers.
2. How long will the international divorce take?
International uncontested divorces can be finalized within about 2 – 4 months’ time. Various factors such as the speed of the courier services, the Sheriff’s workload and the Court’s recess schedule can influence this.
3. What is the cost of an international divorce?
Our usual all-inclusive fee for an international divorce where one spouse resides in the Western Cape is R15,500. A deposit of R9,000 is payable before the drafting process will commence (start).
4. What documents do I need to start the divorce process?
- Proof of residential address,
- Proof of income (latest salary slips),
- Copy of ID document or passport,
- Copy of marriage certificate and
- Copy of antenuptial contract (if any).
5. Must both spouses be at the Court to finalize the divorce?
No, in uncontested divorces it will only be necessary for one spouse to appear. The Plaintiff (the person who started the divorce process) usually appears.
Ready to start the international divorce process?
Send a message via our contact page to request our international divorce application form.
Alternatively, complete an online application form.
Ilizna Esterhuyse, founder of iedivorce, is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa, specializing in Divorce and Family Law matters. Her fields of expertise and interest include Divorce Law, Family Law, Domestic Violence Law and International Divorce Law. Her vision is to demystify Family Law processes, helping good people in plain language and with great technology, to achieve remarkable results.